Here’s my twine story that I created.

The first multimedia principle that directly relates to my interactive Twine Story is the signalling principle. For my story, I boldedunderlined and italicized information that I thought to be important and that I wanted to stand out to the reader. This information included important names like the universities, or other mentions that I thought were more relevant and worth highlighting to the reader.

The second principle utilized is the segmenting principle. The way that Twine is designed, it allows for this principle to be naturally utilized as it breaks up the story into different segments, rather that presenting it as a continuous unit. I find this to be useful for the reader, as it almost breaks up the story into natural “chapters” that allows for it to be more organized and easier to follow.

Lastly, the personalization principle is demonstrated as Twine allows for the story to be presented and feel less informal than the typical story. The reader feels more engaged which helps it feel more like a conversation and personal because they are clicking on the different options to further develop the story and can go at their own pace.

One way I think you could use a Twine story for educational purposes, is to explain a complex historic event in History or Social Studies courses. I think this would be effective because trying to explain these events can become boring and can get quite confusing. This would allow for the students to be more engaged with the interactive feature and break the story/event up. Having the different options would allow for the teacher to incorporate perspectives from different people or situations in the historic event that eventually all lead to a conclusion.

Photo by Dmitry Ratushny on Unsplash